Monday, June 8, 2009

Fishing..

Yesterday I went fishing with 2 of my friends, Rahul and Kim Chai, at the actuarial pond near my area.. It was a first time experience for me and like anything that I do for the first time, I'm pretty clueless about it.. Luckily Rahul thoughts me and Chu how to fish, if not I think we'll be figuring how to use the fishing rod.. =p

Fishing takes a lot of patience, so if your the person who can't stay still for 30 minutes, don't bother trying, actually, u need to stay still for like 3 hours, cause that's the standard charge.. And they charge per rod, so we had two rods, bringing it a total of RM 30 for 3 hours.. OK, 3 hours, how hard can it be to catch one fish?? SUPER HARD!! The whole time we're there we caught only one small fish at the very end, and Chu decided to take it home and rare it.. I was fishing weeds instead of fish, guess I'm still a newbie at this..

I guess it comes down to luck when fishing.. There were two boys at the same pond with us and they caught like 10-15 medium size fishes.. That's a lot of luck I tell you.. Some people can sit there for hours and catch nothing and some can just sit for a few minutes and catch 2-3 fishes.. However, learning how to fish is quite exciting and relaxing, u get to sit down and chat with your friends, get excited at every little movement of your rod and of course if u brought food and drinks, u can turn it into a picnic.. Haha..

In the end, it was a worthwhile although not fruitful experience.. Next time hopefully we can catch enough to do dinner for a few people!! =)

No comments: