Thursday, April 30, 2009

An offer...

I kinda confused right now.. Yeah, I know u readers out there will go "here we go again!" Yesterday I received a letter from NUS.. It was my offer letter, an offer letter to study Science in NUS.. Well, most people will go "OMG!! NUS offered me!!" Sure, I was all happy and stuff, however it's still not what I want.. Most of you out there know what I want to do most, which is medicine.. However it seems ever so hard to achieve this dream of mine.. Even scoring pretty well in STPM doesn't help the cause.. OK, I get it.. NUS, highly competitive, the odds of u getting the medicine program there is like 1 to 1000? Small chance, yet I gave it a shot and well, theories have been proven yet again..

Now with this offer in hand, I've got friends who encouraged me to go, after all we're talking of one of the top unis in Asia and possibly the world.. Everyone wants a place in it.. However, if it means forsaking my long term dream, my ambition since a child just to get into a place into NUS, that's a very very heavy price to pay.. My parent's are like do whatever u want kind but my mum is showing signs she wants me to be a doctor, the first time ever I felt pressurised in choosing what I want to become.. I think after pulling through all the shit that I went through, it gives my mum a reason to hope and believe..

So for now obviously I'm a bit lost.. Take up the offer? Or reject it and hope that Malaysian unis will offer me a place for medicine.. Of course there's one option that one of my friend offered me, take up the offer, wait for local, if u get it go for it, if not go to NUS, at least u have an offer sitting in your hand.. Might strongly consider taking up his idea.. Anyone out there can help me?? PLEASE!!!

No comments: