Sunday, April 19, 2009

An insight on Ujian Munsyi

Yesterday I sat for the Ujian Munsyi or also known as Malaysian University Selection Inventory Test.. What do I think of it? It's possibly a waste of time although some parts of the test is good and could be helpful..

There were like 310 questions on the paper, divided into 5 sections, 1 hour to do all of it.. It was all objective with either yes no questions or question that ask you to rate like very agree, agree, disagree, very disagree (something like that la..) And it was in Malay.. 1st section was about your favourite things you like to do such as "Do you enjoy eating with friends" or "Do you watch investigation programs".. Then the 2nd secion was about a list of jobs and see whether would you like to be that person say teacher, dentist, accountant, etc.. Both of these sections had 60 questions each..

3rd section was more on yourself, your personality such as "I'm a very responsible person" or "I can handle pressure well".. Now here had a whooping 110 questions.. 4th section if I recall correctly was about some statements and how much the statement reflects on you, here is where the 4 options come out.. Say this statement "I usually volunteer myself as the team leader" then you choose la whether very agree, agree, disagree or very disagree.. Last section was about some statements that you have to agree upon, this is more general statements like "The rich should help the poor" or "It's OK to lie to save your butt".. So in the end, half of it is dumb while the other half makes half sense..

Oh well, at least I've gotten through it.. And most of my friends agree it's a waste of time.. I on the other hand say it can give you a better insight on who you are but it should be refined to suit that purpose.. Now the wait comes.. =S Oh yeah, btw, the test is confidential, means it's a close paper and anyone caught in possesion of it can be charged under the Akta Rahsia 1972.. Haiz..

No comments: