Saturday, March 14, 2009

Why are they so inconsiderate??!!

OK.. Something just really pissed me off just now.. I can't believe how inconsiderate people are these days.. Especially parents.. I was like WTH!! when a friend of mine told me her problem..

My friend didn't meet her parent's expectations with her recent STPM results.. To me her results were quite OK.. After all she did managed to get more than 3.00 which is the requirement for most courses in unis this days.. And not like she failed or what.. Her mum was OK with it, of course my friend felt bad about herself for failing her parents but she got over with it.. And her mum too.. My friend admitted that she didn't put full effort, so her mum forgave her.. Problem started with her dad.. Her dad scolded her non-stop when he got back from overseas.. From day to night it was non-stop hammering and bickering.. U thought it'll be over in a few moments but no.. This has been going on until like now.. Her dad compared her to her other friends who did better, in a way saying she's the worst and all.. This is making my friend miserable, feeling like want to runaway, hating her dad.. I pity her for that.. After all she did, thou not her best, she did give her best shot at it.. And this is how she gets 'rewarded'.. Scolded, compared, mocked..

Another friend of mine did somewhat better.. She scored over 3.5 in her STPM CGPA and was very happy with her achievements.. After all, that is what she has targeted.. Yet her parents can come tell her, your target so low ah? Why can't scored higher? Why he/she can do it, why not you? I'll say this, WHY DUN U TRY IT FOR URSELF??!!!

Most parent's today do not understand what their children go through.. Do u think STPM is a breeze? Do u think by studying we can ace the exam? Is life really that simple? NO!!! STPM is hell.. And not only that, every single thing u do is hell.. I got some friends who even did well and yet still get reprimanded from their parents.. To me, the parents want something to show off.. Oh.. My son got 4 flat.. My daughter got into NUS.. RUBBISH!!! You parents might have all the plans in the world for your children, u can plan their studies, career even marriage.. But not all things in life go according to plan.. NEVER!! I'm glad to God to have understanding parents, who know the cycle of life.. However, how many parents are there out there similar to mine? Many? A few? Some? I do not know..

Parents love forcing their children to do something that they want.. How many students, don't go far, my friends, who complained their parents are forcing them into courses that they don't want or even shooting down their dreams and hopes for the future.. It's always their way not ours.. I can't tolerate this kind of people.. This is OUR LIFE, OUR FUTURE, OUR WAY OF HANDLING THINGS!! U can guide us, give us advice, protect us.. But to a certain extend.. How long you all will be here? Forever? Till the day we grow old and die? NO!! If you ever forced your child to become something that the child hates, you'll end up destroying not only your dreams and aspirations but also your child's future..

Parents are suppose to be the pillar of strenght for their child.. They should support their child's dreams, not crush them.. Give them moral support and guidance, not helping them to self-destruct.. You think you all might know what's the suffering we go through especially like STPM exams but you don't!! The stress, the trauma, the phobia.. It goes to a level where you want to kill yourself.. I myself publicly admit this, I've reached to a point where I just wanted to give up but I stayed strong.. So DO NOT PRESSURE US!! We are already under a lot.. That's all I'm asking for all the children out there..

1 comment:

Lawrence said...

I love this post of yours! Honestly, every parents who have high expectation from their parents should see this post. =)

P.S: Sorry.. was viewing all your posts until this title captivates me. =)