Friday, March 6, 2009

My 1st FT Meeting Thoughts

Well, I haven't really share my experience on my FT outing.. So here it is..

To go back to La Salle Centre, Ipoh was like walking down memory lane again.. I look back at my own convention, 17th NLLC 2007, noticed how much has the Centre has changed such as new wiring and attached bathrooms at some rooms.. And how fast time flies.. I missed all those good time I had with my new found friends, the stuff we did.. Thou it lasted for only a short period of time, yet the memories will be a lifetime..

Anyway, it was my 2nd FT meeting since the 1st one back in 2008.. Jerald Joseph was the speaker for this FT meeting and the main theme was on human rights.. And to put it simply, he is an awesome speaker.. He got us thinking, does everyone know his basic rights? Many people out there are exploited just because they are ignorant to this.. Don't have to look far, just look at the foreign workers in the factories.. I've actually worked with some of these people when I was working in Jusco.. These people are simple people, earning an honest leaving, yet they are pushed to the limits of man to do things like stacking up stock, carrying heavy items and etc.. Sometimes for no apparent reason they get scolded by their bosses, as the boss tries to find a way to release their anger..

Looking back, it's true that we need to be aware of these rights.. And we need to help others to realise it too.. We can't just stand on the pavement, just being onlookers as somebody is beaten for no apparent reason.. I'm not saying that each of us should be Superman, but we should challenge the boundaries, take the lead and make a difference.. Jerald has open our eyes to the cruel world out there, now it's left for us to answer the calling..

In short, it was nice to go back for FTs again.. Each time it's a new experience, new adventure and making new friends.. And with the regional OTs coming up, it's our responsibility to pass down these knowledge to younger La Sallians.. Keep the spirit burning brightly in our heart and soul.. VIVA LASALLIANA!!!

No comments: