Monday, December 22, 2008

Penang!! Been there!! Done that!!

Hello world!!! Sorry to all those avid readers out there, the reason why I didn't update my blog is because I didn't had any internet service since my last post.. Not that I never pay my bills, just that the place I went for holiday had no internet service, and partly I was lazy to walk to the CC la.. LOL.. So let's begin with the updates for the past week..

So after Ipoh, I went down to my cousin's place in Kulim.. For those of you figuring where in the world Kulim is, it's a border town between Penang and Kedah.. Kulim is in Kedah and it's like our Senawang here, only 10x bigger and better.. It's really blossoming into a high-tech city.. Why stay at Kulim? Cheaper cause u wouldn't wanna stay 1 week in a hotel in Penang..

Food in Kulim, well, nothing to show about really, but Bukit Mertajam is nearby.. Just about 10 minutes drive.. And here I would like to tell you all about the Big Tree.. OK, there's food stalls under this Big Tree, kinda of Cherry Tree here.. And the food here is fantasting!! Laksa, ABC, Lobak, Wan Tan Mee, u name it, they got it.. Nothing much left thou, just staying at my cousin's house with 2 nephews and 2 nieces.. Nice house but of couse noisy with the children around.. =p

Next stop Penang.. Penang as we all know is supposely the food heaven.. However, dun be fooled.. U muz really find the good places to eat, then only it's food heaven, otherwise it's just another typical town food.. I drove to Penang actually, LOL.. Of course with my parent's guidance la, but to drive on the Penang Bridge is a really cool feeling.. Haha.. You can even go to Penang by the ferry, and believe me it's a lifetime experience.. Pricing is about the same, 70 cents difference and you only pay for one way, which is into the island.. Coming out is free..

So where did I went in Penang.. 1st, coincidentally there was an Education Fair at the Gurney Hotel, and it's mostly for Public Unis.. Perfect timing huh? So I managed to gather quite a number of info from there.. Near Gurney Hotel there's a corner shop that sells biscuits, choclates, etc.. And boy their biscuits rock.. Simply delicious.. Then there's Penang Street, where it's a very nice place to shop, not the cheapest thou, but tourist flock the area like ants to a sugar.. Next I'll recommend Penang Hill.. Here's the irony of it.. Firstly, it was my 1st time to Penang hill and it was free on that day.. If you've been reading the papers, and it was the 1st day it was operational till all the way up to the top.. Very refreshing, not that cold, and you get a perfect will of the whole Penang Island.. Plus, the tram up the hill is cool.. You get to say some beauties of mother nature.. The final stop is Air Itam.. Trust me, if you're a shopaholic looking for good bargains, this is the place to be.. It's your very own Petaling Street, and it's on the way up to a temple, called the Tortoise Temple.. Seriously, there's tortoise when you reached at the end of your shopping spree.. There's a nice Asam Laksa shop around the corner of Jalan Pasar, itz freaking cheap and freaking delicious.. Haha.. =p

So in short people, go to Penang.. It's a nice place to visit, if you know where to go.. Who knows, I can be your free tour guide there.. Wakaka.. Till then people, happy reading!! And happy holidays!!

No comments: