Monday, July 6, 2009

The Interview..

Damn tiring man today.. Well, considering I did only one thing today, it's a surprised I'm feeling drained already..

This morning I attended my IMU Scholarship interview.. Set my alarm to ring at 7.30am, it never did, dunno why.. Ended up waking at 8.10am and was like SHIT!!! By the time I reach the train station already 8.50am, took the 9am train.. Inside the train was like "am so going to be late" kind of mood.. Luckily I managed to reach IMU around 10.15am.. That includes 5 minutes of "seperti rusa masuk ke kampung".. Seriously, I reach Sri Petaling station I was like totally blur, how am I to get to IMU.. Luckily I saw the bridge that crosses over to the back building..

Went it, sendiri pandai-pandai go find the Reception Area (found it somehow.. =D) and go wait there la.. Ms. Jacinta came out to take my certificates for verification and I just waited and waited and waited to be called in.. Turned out there were 6 people being interviewed today and I'm the 3rd person.. Some some other candidates and me Gerard Geethan of SJI.. So long never see him ady, like since 17th NLLC.. So was like catching up on good times and stuff..

Then my turn to enter for interview, there were 4 interviewers there.. All deans of different departments.. Started out quite nice, they are very nice and happy-go-lucky people, joke around and all.. Make u quite relax, don't really feel the tension.. Could be a test thou.. I personally divided them into 3 parts, 1st is about general stuff like where u stay, which school u go to and all.. Then 2nd part is verification of all the stuff I've written down, they just want to know more about what I do and all.. The 3rd part is where the challege starts, scenerarios where u as a 'doctor' would face and how would u overcome them..

It was quite hard and also make me feel nervous but then I just answered all their questions, fumbled once or twice (hope they didn't noticed) and well, it just happens la.. Last question really caught me off guard thou.. They ask me to give a 5 minute 'syarahan' (yeah, in BM) about AIDS.. LOL!!! Totally was cracking my head on how to form the words and all.. I think I did ok.. And the interviewers look happy, don't know if that means anything..

Anyhow, the interview is done for.. Now I just wait for the results which will be out somewhere end of the month.. If I do get this scholarship it's truely a blessing from God.. He has helped me a lot and I thank Him for everything that He has given to me.. Like my Pastor said, when one door is closed, other doors might be open until u find the right door to enter.. And now the waiting begins...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi there, my name is Jonathan, it is good to read your post. Further to that, may I know what kind of "doctor scenario" that they had thrown to you during the scholarship interview?

Unknown said...

Tan, could you please explain to me further regarding the IMU medical scholarship Interview? My IMU scholarship interview date is just around the corner and I would very appreciate if you could lend me a hand in the scenario parts.