Friday, May 8, 2009

Rescue Me

A rescue mission unfolded today.. The victim: A poor kitten, probably 2 months old.. The rescuers: My mom and I.. The situation: The kitten got wedged between the the retaining wall and my garbage place (I don't know how to describe) and now it couldn't get free..

Was doing my thing when my mum told me she heard a cat's cry somewhere outside.. It's been going on for a few hours.. So we went out to check and saw the poor kitty stuck there.. It probably got in and got stuck, unable to release itself.. So we figured OK, let's try to pull it out.. Our hands were too big to reached for the place, so we try using sticks to push it out.. However every time we try to get it out, it goes up higher and higher until it really got stuck.. I told my mum why don't we use some water, spray on it, maybe it'll come out, somehow.. Did that, no luck.. The cat just got a shower, my mum said it seems to be opening it's mouth to drink from it.. Poor thing.. I was looking and thinking, "only way to get him out is like break the wall, a part of it.."

My mum was like "I think it's a goner", I thought so myself too.. Cause it stop moving, stop making noise, I thought it couldn't have died that fast.. So we went back home and came out 15 minutes later, to try and get the "body" out.. When I went back to the place the kitten was missing, then I look down and somehow it managed to come all the way down.. Still inside it but an easier chance for us to bring it out.. I quickly call my mum and we begin working again..

I was in front of it, coaxing it to come out while my mum push it's hind with a stick, slowly but surely the cat comes out, inch by inch.. It took about 10 minutes before I managed to grab hold it's front paws and slowly pulled it out, into my arms.. At last the kitten is saved!!! Was so happy, so scared and sad it was going to die in there.. My mum said I was like a gynecologist, waiting for a baby to come out.. LOL!! Cleaned it up, put it in a box and gave it to our Indonesian neighbour, cause he told us a week ago he lost a kitten that had exactly the same description.. Of course he was delighted when we brought it to him..

So at last the kitty was saved and returned to it's rightful owner.. Btw, I've decided to name it ginger, even I didn't get to keep it.. Why? It's fur was red and white, not really red but like golden red.. So yeah, looks really nice and cute.. With those blue eyes.. I'm sure an cat lover out there will melt seeing it.. Oh well, it's been a good day.. =)

No comments: