Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Second best


So once again I've came off second best. This is like becoming a norm for me. Haha. However as my friend put it, this is life, you have ups and you have downs. Now he will probably scold me for being a retard again for saying this, but I'm going to say it. The first one ended on 1st April 2012 (April Fool's Day), the current one 1st May 2013 (Labour Day). Any bets the next one will be 2nd June 2014 (Agung's bithday)?? XD

In both I've chased, in both I've confessed, in both I've prayed but no answer and in both I ended up second best. The only difference between the first and the second was I was better informed in the second one than the first. At least it didn't ended up with an email 10 days later. Haha. However that is in the past, now is the present. For the first I thank God that He opened my eyes, it was probably better that we didn't start at all. As for the second I'm still waiting for God's revelation to me. It'll probably take some time, like the first but I'm sure there's a reason behind it.


So what's next for me? Nothing I guess. I feel numb, that's all I can say but I'll get over it soon enough. As for now, there won't be anyone in this place that will ever fit my criteria. And I probably won't fit into any other girl's criteria either. The good thing is that in both cases, we are still friends, the second being closer friends. Maybe it's better this way. With so many things in between, maybe this is the only way.

For the second, I wish you all the best with the one you love. I really hope to see you happy, especially after what you've been through. 3 years down the road (if it all goes according to plan) I'll be anticipating a wedding invitation at my door step. As for me, I'll continue to pray for perseverance, wisdom and patience from the Lord. I guess the message 2 weeks ago on Isaiah 40:31, "But those who wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint", is reminding me to wait patiently for Him, for His good plan to be revealed.

All glory be to God, The Father. Amen. =)