Tuesday, October 11, 2011

To my friends who have left..

Last Saturday, I saw a few of my good friends, seniors, graduated from AIMST University.. It was a joyous moment, to see each and everyone of them finally getting their scrolls, ending their 5 years of long struggle.. And to start a whole new journey that some have yet to embrace.. And thou it was a joyous occasion; parents smiling, lecturers beaming, friends happy; yet part of me feels sad.. Sad not because something bad has happened, in fact everything went well.. Sad because I know I won't be seeing them again in this university; never again to see them in the Medical Building or the Library, no longer attending and worshiping together in CF and Church, no longer going out for late night suppers and random Penang trips.. 

It pains me to see them leave, to see them gone from this place and God knows when I will see them again.. Yet as much as I want them to stay, stay as long as they can, I'm just being selfish.. Our Father in Heaven knows what's best for them, He was kind enough to put them here, to make me meet them and to know them, to feel such warmth and comfort that I've not felt in years from friends, to impact my life so greatly that it has forever changed.. And now their time has come for this place, and the Father is going to put them in another place, where other people too will have a chance to experience what I have experience, a once in a lifetime opportunity.. =') (yes, it's tears of joy)

Now seeing their cars leaving campus one by one, as we bid our goodbyes, the ending was tough.. I am not an emotional person, I rarely cry unless the situation really really moves me.. However this time, I let the tears flow freely from my eyes.. I was holding back, I tried so hard to control my emotions but here I am, still watering as I type every letter out on this blog of mine.. I know I won't be seeing them again, at least not for now.. However I believe that our Father in Heaven is kind and merciful, for He will definitely do something for us to meet up once again.. All we have to do is be patient and wait for the right time to come..

As I go back to my university life with another 3 more years to go, I know that the last 2 years + with them have been good, the experiences, the memories, the joy and the advises I have received are unforgettable.. Thus I wish them all the best in their future careers, in whatever they do.. May the Lord bless all of you in everything that you do.. And may you enjoy your the new chapter in your lives, as doctors and dentist to the Malaysian community..

To Dr. Koo Thomson, Dr. Gloria Liaw, Dr. Phebe Ting and Dr. Jickson Ng, I wish u all the best!! Be the best doctors you all can be!! I'm going to miss you all, so bad that I will just tear thinking about it.. However, as Hebrews 13:7 says "Remember your leaders, who spoke the word of God to you. Consider the outcome of their way of life and imitate their faith," I will continue your good work that you have done in this campus and I'm sure all of us here will too.. And I'm even doubly sure that you all will do what you all do best, impacting people's life beyond their wildest imagination.. God bless you all.. AMEN!! =)

"A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity" Proverbs 17:17
"I thank my God every time I remember you" Philippians 1:3

1 comment:

Jickson Ng said...

You will be greatly missed as well bro. Thanks for all you've done!!! You've been an AWESOME brother in Christ. Keep the love strong in the Rock!!! :)