Monday, October 24, 2011

My Church's New Building!!! =D PTL!!!

God is great.. Despite how many times we have turned away from Him, He is always there for us.. And He will make good of His promises, we just have to be patient.. And on Saturday was the day where I saw God's work in the area of my church, Bountiful Grace Methodist Church (BGMC)..


Saturday night was the first time I entered my church's new building.. I've been hearing from my parents how awesome it is, how splendor and marvelous it looks, how God has been so good to our church.. However, I never really got the chance to see it as I am stuck in Kedah and only come back when there's a long break.. So as I went to visit my church that night, I was really hoping for the best.. What I saw was breathtaking..

Before I go into further detail, allow me to give a bit of history to my church (oh no, boring part..) My church started off as a small outreach point by the main Chinese Methodist Church back in 1977 (wow,  that's long).. Slowly but surely the number of members begin to grow.. As time went by, there was a proposal that my church become a independent church, under the Council of Churches of Malaysia.. After many years of planning and discussion, finally in April 2002 my church was formed, taking the name Bountiful Grace Methodist Church.. My family were one of the original members of this church as it slowly ascend upwards.. =)

Now, the current church building is a corner lot double story terrace house and we share it with a Methodist kindergarten.. So as the number of members grew, we begin to find it hard to accommodate them.. Major renovations were carried out but it was still wasn't enough.. In 2003, the Pastor at that time mooted the idea for us to have a bigger building for worship.. At first we try to acquire a piece of land to build our own church but that proof to be futile.. After that we try to acquire a building and convert it into a church.. The first building that was scouted was a triple story shop house in Seremban 2 in 2006 but many complications came along and the idea was shelved in 2008.. However by God's grace, a second building, the current two and a half story was bought in 2008.. The building was in the construction phase and we had very little issues in acquiring it (except the issue that the building was being sold to a church which was later cleared)

Once the building was acquired, major renovation work went underway in April 2011 and were completed on Malaysia day.. And the end result was this.. =)


A shot from outside

Main entrance


Main Santuary





The Cross, made from tinted glass (which my camera failed to capture) and has a very interesting story behind it.. =)




Basement level 

 First Floor

Now you know why it was breathtaking.. Never I would imagine I would see my church rise up so fast to have it's own building, it's own place of worship.. God really works wonder in our lives, you just have to believe it.. As I walked from top to bottom, I just couldn't stop and admire the work of the Lord.. I was so touched that I shed a tear or two.. God is really amazing.. An idea mooted nearly 8 years ago has finally come true.. And the best thing is more and more people are getting to know Him every week.. The Sunday School is flooded with children of all ages and the worship session is slowly growing larger..

The stage has been set, God has delivered for us.. Now it is our turn to go out and make disciples of his people.. As Jesus said in Matthew 9:37-38, "The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field;" we need spread  the word of God to the people around the area and lead them to the Way.. 

GOD IS GOOD, ALL THE TIME!!! =D

No comments: