Sunday, March 27, 2011

Earth Hour 2011

Earth Hour has always bear a special resemblance to the world ever since it started in Sydney, Australia back in 2007. I was glad that I was able to do it with my family for the first time cause:
1) 2008 missed it caused was out eating steamboat
2) 2009 missed it caused was dead sick on the bed
3) 2010 missed it cause I was in campus.. LOL!!

So finally got my parents to turn off all non essential lighting at home + any other electrical appliances that we don't need.. Means I went without computer for an hour.. Haha.. Achievement wei considering I'm back home.. During that one hour was really a period of reflection for me as I picture how can the whole Earth be saved if each of us just do a small part.. And I figured why just make Earth Hour a yearly event? Why not an everyday event? Hehe.. Kinda make sense rite?? Imagine if all non essential lights are turned off everyday, won't that really save up the electricity bill, the amount of heat we're emitting and thus saving the Earth? =p

Also in conjunction with Earth Day, I'm working with my old school on a project that can at least bring some joy for Mother Earth.. She has been long suffering, so we should do something to ease her pain.. Back to the drawing board Jason.. =S

Lastly, I figured out TNBs way of contributing to Earth Hour.. By making my taman have a blackout for 4 hours.. Right on midnight.. LOL!! Turns out a substation blew at my place.. Can't sleep wei, damn hot.. Best part is I slept without realising the current finally came back.. Woke up shivering cause the air cond was on.. LOL!! I guess my bro forgot to turn it off when the current went off.. =p

Will be a busy few days as starting to meet up with my frens.. And a camp coming up.. Hopefully a few more updates before I go back AIMST.. Hehe.. =D

No comments: