Saturday, February 21, 2009

Sports Day at SPI

Yesterday was SPI's er.... 52nd Annual Sports Day if I haven't mistaken.. It was nice to actually to go back and visit the school.. Seeing friends and teachers all over again, having a great chat with them.. Part of me still wants to be in school.. It's possibly the best part of my life.. Yes.. We all know how we always say when will school end la, lazy to wake up early, happy when the holidays come.. However when u look at it, especially when u've finished ur final paper, having a long holiday knowing that you would never ever study there again, you sometimes wish time moved slower, so u'll be able to savour every moment that school life has to offer.. Of course, not everyone share these thoughts..

Usually Sports Day is a day of fun, a day to relax actually and to get sunburn.. =p Just like the PIBG chairman said, forget about studies, forget about exams.. Just go out there and enjoy.. However, this could me again, this year's Sports Day doesn't feel the same like last year.. Like the atmosphere is not there.. Something is missing, the spirit of it all.. It makes me wonder, will this continue to worsen as we move forward into the future? Will school just be another boring place, like a factory producing leaders of tomorrow.. Where's the fun, the excitement, the spirit? Every year, students who enter secondary school are different.. That's obvious, there's never a similarity between students of yesteryear's and today.. Unfortunately students these days are more protected, more into the electronic age.. Some of them are pampered, I even heard that a F3 boy is still being spoon fed by his mum.. Parents are protective, sure, that the nature of all parents, but over protection? Will it do them any good?

It just disturbs me to see the school, not only SPI but others as well, the traditions slowly dying, the spirit leaving.. Thou there are a handful who try to keep it going, nothing much can be done.. How will the future education be? Student going to school like robots going to a place for input? I dare not say and I wish I am wrong.. Only time will tell.. Oh yeah, btw, Adrian got 5th this year, that's a whump since they were champions last year, my ex-house John got 3rd and I think Director was the Champion..

No comments: