Monday, February 28, 2011

Hospital Posting

"Patient is a 65 year old female who came in with complains of swelling below the knee for one month and high fever for the past 2 days. History taking shows that she has...."

Yup, that's practically what I'm going through for most of the days last week and again this week.. I'm currently in my 2 week introductory hospital posting in SP and thou it's fun and interesting, it's very tiring and the doctors there really know how to make u look stupid.. @.@ I kinda am annoyed with myself cause I can't answer anything the clinicians ask.. Or it'll be some half baked answer and the doctor will be doing an eye roll.. So yeah, u so have to buck up JASON TAN SENG HONG!!!

And hospital people are really no pushovers.. I mean when u enter, u r like an ant compare to those out there.. And the administration don't really give a two hoots about u either.. Take last week for example.. We met with this surgeon who I think is a bit racist.. Well, he seems to find fault with everyone's dressing.. My friend's brown formal shoe also kena kutuk like it was the biggest sin on Earth.. And the best thing is we can't do shit.. Cause as I said, ur a nobody in the hospital.. If our lecturers can't do anything, what more can we? So yeah, have to learn to this new political environment.. Sighs.. When will this ever end? Oh yeah that are also those who don't care about ur feelings and all.. I mean how would u like it if ppl start calling u names over and over again in a establishment? Welcome to Malaysia people, where name calling is a joke for many but the one who is being teased.. =S

On a happier note, I can to see lots of patients and cases.. At least now I know what an inguinal hernia or a SLE patient looks like.. And I've definitely learned a lot.. Just wondering how is that going well with my tiny brain.. =p

Mega Cultural Night was somewhat a success.. We had sad lighting and sound system, but the performances were awesome.. Kudos to all those who have put in their time and effort to bring that event to a success.. =)

My CF Retreat is coming this Friday.. Followed by many other events like AIMST Pre-Clinical Quiz, AIMST Amazing Race + Fear Factor and AIMST Hosteller's Night.. Wow.. I'm going to be sooooo drained by the time April is over.. Mind u the last 3 events are in April, in the space of 2 weeks.. T.T

Nothing else much to update.. Just waiting for the holidays to come.. The final 2 weeks break that is before I struggle all the way to my finals.. Why oh why my final break is only 3 weeks??? *ponders about it*

Nights.. XD

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Is he racist? Cause I dont see any of his race that time. Anyway, jia you and enjoy your 2weeks to the max!! And thank you for everything.=)))

Baby Tan said...

Majority of them say so.. Even my seniors say so.. U could see which particular group he was tar targeting the whole time..

Np pro.. =)